Monday, October 11, 2010

Sure. Why Not? :)

Apparently there is some sort of award circling around the blog world.


Mine was awarded to me by the lovely Lindsey Beam. :) Apparently I am now able to pass it along to some other of my blogger friends out there!

Directions for the Cherry on Top award:

1. Answer the question, "If I had the chance to go back and change on thing in my life, would I, and what would it be?"

2. Pick up to 6 people and give them this award.

3. Thank the person who gave the award.

It's really difficult to pick an event that you would go back and change. While I regret a few of the decisions I've made in my life, I know that they all shaped who and where I am today. If it were not for those decisions (wrong or otherwise), I would not love my life the way I do right now.

But I think there's one thing that I look back on my life with regret. It's something that would only have made my life better had I not done what I did. That's the way I treated my college roommate. I have no idea if she reads this or not, but I have regretted the way I left things with her. We had a close friendship, and for one reason or another, I started taking advantage of her as a roommate and didn't treat her very well at all. I said harsh things and I know she has no idea why I appear to have "snapped." There was no excuse for my short fuse, regardless of how crazy my courses were making me. I could have had another very good friend from college, and I burned that bridge. I sincerely regret the way I treated her, and of course with 20/20 hindsight, I have no idea why I even made the choices I did.

Here are my friends who will receive this "award" too!:

Come on - let's get into character.

The Moseley Family

A Multitude of Thoughts

I read a lot more blogs, but a lot of them are business-related, or they don't actually know I read them. :) (Psst ... I'm a lurker.)

So, thank you to Miz Lindsey for awarding me a cupcake with a cherry on top and for helping me to put down in words a regret that I have held bottled up for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment