Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Back To the Retail World I Go

Yep. I'm headed back to the land of working crazy hours, never having weekends free, and spending more holiday time with co-workers than with friends and family.

Some things are just necessary when it comes to these economic times, and I know everyone gets that.

While I'm not thrilled about having to work retail again, it is going to be a pretty sweet set up for me.

I'm the new Sales Lead at the Bath & Body Works in Cary Towne Center. I am a keyholder that holds the same general responsibilities as the assistant managers. My focus, however, is on the rest of the staff and making sure that all of our associates are performing well and coaching them in ways they can improve.

This is Country Apple, my favorite fragrance of all time from Bath & Body Works. Too bad they only carry it during semi-annual sales now!

I am very blessed in getting a management role, and I'm excited to start a new store and a new product! I don't think I could work in a store where I didn't love what I was selling.


I will be working for B&BW anywhere from 20-35 hours a week, and that is in addition to my 40-hour a week temping job. Yikes! Anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes Ashley to burn out? ;)

Nah, I'll be fine! It'll be tough work, but the money will be good. And I'm already used to a holiday season where I don't have much free time to go anywhere. I know David is already planning some visits up North to see his family, and I'm glad he'll be able to go, even though I can't.

I will likely start on Monday, October 11. So I'll have one more weekend that's free before ... January?

As I enter this next phase of working two jobs, please be patient with me. I will do my BEST to make time to spend with everyone, because, as you all know, my friends and family are my priority. It might just take a little bit of planning and maneuvering to make it happen seeing as how I could be working up to 75 hours a week. EEK!

Say a prayer (or dozens) for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment