Sunday, August 22, 2010

Little bundles of YUM!

Friday night, I decided David and I were going to try a new recipe. I did some searching at work and found this recipe for "Beef Empanadas." It's a little bit of a mix between cultures — you've got the Mexican ingredients like the corn, salsa, tomatoes, etc., and then the won tons from Asian food.

Those of you who know me, know that I'm an extremely picky eater, who doesn't like vegetables or trying anything new. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf as I lose weight and attempt to eat healthier, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Let me tell you, these bad boys were DELICIOUS!



And they look cool on our won-ton shaped plates, too, don't they?



I was very apprehensive about all of the vegetables in them, since the beef is cooked with onions, and the salsa is loaded with various types of veggies.



The recipe said the prep time was about 10 minutes. HA! Try about 6 times that. It took forever to wrap up those little guys. Plus, I cooked a bit more meat than it called for. It also did not call for cheese. But I figured, throw a bit of freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top, and bon appe'tit!

You should try these, though. They're so good. It's definitely going to be a repeat meal at our house (at least when we have an hour+ time to fix it! ;) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment